Terms and Conditions of Use
Your access to and use of all information on this website including the submission by you of an application for insurance using the application facility is subject to these terms and conditions of use. By accessing The ACC Alternative website you acknowledge that you agree to comply with these terms and conditions of use.
1. In these Terms and Conditions of Use, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|the facility provided on The ACC Alternative Website which permits you to make an application for an insurance policy offered by Asteron Life
|Asteron Life Limited (company number 18153)
|The ACC Alternative
|The ACC Alternative is administered by Adelphi Insurance Brokers Ltd (FSP482746) and underwritten by our insurance partners (see our disclosure statement).
|information about an identifiable individual
|Terms and Conditions of Use
|these terms and conditions of use of the Website as varied from time to time
|the website controlled by Adelphi Insurance having the domain name www.accalternative.nz
In these Terms and Conditions of Use:
“You” refers to any person accessing or using The ACC Alternative Website for any reason;
“Person” refers to an individual, company, corporation, firm, trust, partnership, organisation, state, or unincorporated body of persons, in each case whether or not having separate legal personality.
C. Your use of the Website
- If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use you should immediately cease to have access to the Website.
- The ACC Alternative may vary these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by publishing them in an amended form on the website. By accessing the website after the publication of the Terms and Conditions of Use in this amended form you agree to be bound by those amended Terms and Conditions of Use. It is always your responsibility to make sure you are familiar with the current Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The ACC Alternative makes no promise or representation that the website is suitable or appropriate for any particular purpose or person.
- The information published on the website is of a general nature. It does not take into account any person’s specific circumstances. It is not intended to replace professional advice, including legal or specialising insurance broking advice. The ACC Alternative recommends that you obtain appropriate specific professional advice before you rely on any information published on the website.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own appraisal of the information on the website. Any insurance cover is outlined on the website as a summary only. If you ultimately obtain insurance by using the website, it will be subject to the terms of the insurance policy wording, and relevant schedule/s, issued by our insurance partners (please see our disclosure statement).
- To the maximum extent permissible at law, The ACC Alternative, including its directors, officers, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns, does not accept any liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost, charge, claim, demand, expense, judgment, action, proceeding or other liability whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise in relation to the use, delay or inability to use, performance of, or information contained on the website, or any product or service or insurance cover obtained through or from the use of the website, including the application facility.
- You agree and acknowledge that where you complete and submit an application for insurance using the application facility, you have filled it out yourself and without any input or advice from The ACC Alternative.
- By accessing the website, you agree to indemnify and hold The ACC Alternative harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of the website.
- The copyright to all content on the website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to The ACC Alternative or it has a licence to use those materials.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on the website are either owned by The ACC Alternative or The ACC Alternative has a licence to use them. Your access to the website does not constitute a license to you to use those marks in any commercial way without The ACC Alternative’ prior written permission.
- From time to time we may host third party content on the website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other businesses. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and The ACC Alternative is not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
- When you access or visit the website, The ACC Alternative grants you a limited licence to access and use the information on the website for your own use.
- The licence to access and use the information on the website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror this website without our prior written permission.
- The ACC Alternative may serve you with notice if it becomes aware of your metatag or mirroring of the website.
- The website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on the website to another website does not imply The ACC Alternative’ endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- The ACC Alternative shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however, The ACC Alternative is not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of the website or any linked website.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions of Use is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these Terms and Conditions of Use and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in New Zealand and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.